Smash Bros New Character Voting!!

https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/ Here is the link (If this isn't allowed then pls remove) 

We can vote for a new character for Smash bros now. Know what that means folks! Ridley time.

I also voted for Inkling loli from Splatoon, Krystal from Starfox, Dark Samus from Metroid Prime 3, Shovel Knight, Banjo Kazooie, and Shantae ( They said ANY video game character not just Nintendo)

A splatoon character could be interesting.  I also lobbed in a vote for Neku Sakuraba, for the hell of it, just 'cause he's only been on nintendo handheld systems, and it could be an interesting moveset.

And in my likely unpopular opinion, Ridley would be a terrible addition.  He just wouldn't be a very feasible character, combat-wise.

A splatoon character could be interesting.  I also lobbed in a vote for Neku Sakuraba, for the hell of it, just 'cause he's only been on nintendo handheld systems, and it could be an interesting moveset.

And in my likely unpopular opinion, Ridley would be a terrible addition.  He just wouldn't be a very feasible character, combat-wise.

​Villager isn't feasible. Olimar, the size of a nickle isn't feasible. DUCK HUNT MUTT ISN- you get my point.

​Villager isn't feasible. Olimar, the size of a nickle isn't feasible. DUCK HUNT MUTT ISN- you get my point.

​Have you seen villager?  If anything, they took out items from him.  An axe is part of your inventory in every game.  Olimar leads a team of minions with elemental specialties.  Duck hunt dog was a stretch, but it's like you're actually playing as the player, being directed by the dog, somewhat in a reverse Pokemon Trainer fashion, not to mention they wanted something to show off oldschool NES stuff.  Either way, clearly, Sakurai disagrees with you whole-heartedly :P 

Now let's look at Ridley.  First and foremost, each character is scaled to fit, but is kept in scale with its respective franchise (with the notable exception of pikachu, who is about 1.5-2x the size it would be, relative to Charizard/Lucario/Greninja).  With Ridley, they'd either have to make him tiny to fit with the fighters, or huge to fit with Samus.  Let's assume they do the former, shall we?  So, now, we have tiny li'l Ridley, which looks goofy next to Samus.  What're his attacks?  Oh, a fireball?  Cool, cool, not nearly as impressive at this size though.  What else?  Another...fireball.  Alright, and claws.  He can slash stuff.. and shoot fireballs.  And fly.  Any other notable things that wouldn't make him a charizard clone?  Oh, stage tilting!  Cool, not happening as a move, but cool.  All in all, there's really nothing that sets him apart, or gives him any versatility in game, not to mention there's really not enough to substantiate a full special move-set, let alone 3.  tl;dr - While I honestly think Ridley is a cool character, and a nice boss in the Metroid series, I really, really don't see how he could fit in to this game.  And this is coming from someone who was contemplating villager back before Brawl.

Now let's look at Ridley.  First and foremost, each character is scaled to fit, but is kept in scale with its respective franchise (with the notable exception of pikachu, who is about 1.5-2x the size it would be, relative to Charizard/Lucario/Greninja).  With Ridley, they'd either have to make him tiny to fit with the fighters, or huge to fit with Samus.  Let's assume they do the former, shall we?  So, now, we have tiny li'l Ridley, which looks goofy next to Samus.  What're his attacks?  Oh, a fireball?  Cool, cool, not nearly as impressive at this size though.  What else?  Another...fireball.  Alright, and claws.  He can slash stuff.. and shoot fireballs.  And fly.  Any other notable things that wouldn't make him a charizard clone?  Oh, stage tilting!  Cool, not happening as a move, but cool.  All in all, there's really nothing that sets him apart, or gives him any versatility in game, not to mention there's really not enough to substantiate a full special move-set, let alone 3.  tl;dr - While I honestly think Ridley is a cool character, and a nice boss in the Metroid series, I really, really don't see how he could fit in to this game.  And this is coming from someone who was contemplating villager back before Brawl.

So um...Clearly you haven't played any metroid games if you think that's all that Ridley is capable of.

I'll just leave this here.

Edited by Endymion0

I'm well aware that there's more to the arsenal, but that there's a souped up version of ridley, akin to several character's final smashes.  Not exactly a valid counter-point.

​There's several versions of Ridley. The one I posted is one that has extra defensive and offensive abilities but it still mainly uses everything all Ridleys possess, which is tail swipes, fireballs, bites, slashes, projectiles, shockwaves, aerial attacks and more. To exclude Ridley because of a "size issue that wouldn't make him Ridley anymore" when several characters have had their sizes altered (Charizard, Pikachu, Olimar, Bowser, Jigglypuff, etc) is a pretty sad excuse.

Edited by Endymion0

i voted for vaati from zelda: the minish cap and arle nadja from puyo puyo aha... i hope arle gets in at least because sega has sonic in, it's not that farfetched to have a rep from puyo in smash (vaati would also be really cool just 'cuz)