Why do cellos go unused?

They are not that bad, the problem are the low octaves you can only play, so they are better for Jam than solo.

But you can try this guitar Song too for the cello sounds realy good, and I will make more Songs for cello because I like the Sound too.

http://mabibeats.com/solos/videogame/ffx-1000-words-r222/

Edited by Kayleitha

From my point of view, I don't really care too much for solos on instruments that aren't mandolin, piano, electric guitar, and lyre, as they are the most flexible in game (not saying solos on other instruments aren't good, i just prefer those four because of how much you can do). Solos on cello and violin usually sound empty or like some notes are being missed (probably because the octaves hadn't been set right), but they're amazing on jams.

Edited by KuramaVII

From my point of view, I don't really care too much for solos on instruments that aren't mandolin, piano, electric guitar, and lyre, as they are the most flexible in game (not saying solos on other instruments aren't good, i just prefer those four because of how much you can do). Solos on cello and violin usually sound empty or like some notes are being missed (probably because the octaves hadn't been set right), but they're amazing on jams.

​I love playing the Cello or Violin when it comes to Jams :) Although i do carry a couple pieces for Cello and it sounds very nice o:

Pretty much what Flameberge says. The problem with Violins and Cellos is that they start quiet, then build up in volume as you play the note. If you have too many fast notes, there won't be enough time for the notes to actually get loud enough to hear clearly. This effect is even worse on the Cello than on the Violin so that might explain why Violins might get some more songs.

Edited by Blargel

To all the people who are stating the note length issue:
Duh.

That's no excuse to make songs that have a cello in it FOR OTHER INSTRUMENTS.

Christ, so many songs perfect for it, Squandered, wasted, and depressing.