A Question Worth Asking

To begin, it has been a long while since I posted on MabiBeats, granted it had been a long while since I had played Mabinogi itself. However, I am glad to be getting back into the groove of things with a fervor. I apologies to MabiBeats and its' creators for being a unproductive user, which I hope to rectify. It was hard to think of something to Post considering I'm not the most educated on how to socialize on the Internet, or compose music by means of MML or related Material... But, now I'm trying to not let that discourage me.

So to my question...

What do you guys think is important to rank up and skills to acquire as a player on Mabinogi to really hold their own in even the hardest of Challenges?

:0_002:

For me, I am a Master Warrior, Great Bard and Great Apothcary post Cumulative level 100 (H) but still feel weak.  I have many skills R1 or nearly r1 but when I enter places like Peaca, or even Hard Shadow Missions, I have to run out, if I can, in order to not die. It's not like I don't have decent equipment that are useless, but I feel uncomfortable buying things for a online game, cause I've spend hundreds like that before... I don't like Magic because that's never been my thing plus....SPOOPY so no... magic even if it is op and makes you insta-powerful in this game

:1_004: These are my stats with no weapons equiped with RK Gaunlets and RK Boots

BmD5DXbXKzP7.thumb.jpg.23af020b415c43c8e

I look forward to your replies, I'm genuinely curious and would let your input guys. 

You should consider taking up lances, as that will boost your Strength considerably. Since your main source of damage comes from close combat weapons, and your damage from said weapons come off of Str, it's good to take up skillsets that reward large amounts of Str.

Rank everything on Knight talent to 1 except for Lance Counter. Rank that to r1 only if you plan on maining lances (as some of the end-game lance enchants do require r1 in Lance Counter), but otherwise leave that for last.

Once you've mastered Lance talent, you could as well move on to Ninja, as that's your next major source of Str. However, this skill is extremely grindy, and will require a major test of patience. (Trust me, Ive went through it. It REALLY tested my patience.) You can rank every single skill in Ninja except for Explosive Kunai (r2) and Smokescreen (r3).

Once you've mastered Ninja, you can work on Carpentry, as that's another major source of Strength. This one is almost as bad, and may even consume some money if you're not already well-versed with Weaving. What I suggest doing is buying a bunch of Carpentry Woodworking Planes, and keep (regular) reforging them until you get Carpentry Exp 2 level on the plane. That way you can avoid the dumb requirements like "create a signed bow" as that is completely luck-based. That being said, be prepared to Harvest Song a lot, and I may suggest doing speed-upgrades on your Lumber Axes, as this WILL take a while.

I dont even think you even need to rank Handicraft under Carpentry Talent to master it. But if you do, I'd say raising it to B is probably best. That was my rank when I got Master Carpenter.

get more str

get rank 1 final hit

get rank 1 lullaby

10/10 - IGN i r8 gr8

Anyway Don, I would honestly consider working on whatever skills you have left in the warrior tab and go ahead and rank them. Then after that, i'd just follow what Falaflame said in here. Lances help quite a bit but can be tricky to get used to.

I might also suggest ranking Fighter (or do the questline starting with Horrifying herbert if you havent already), but that might just be my bias as a Grandmaster Fighter.

• 1 month later...

Honestly curious on how this worked for you, I think of all the suggestions the most easy to attain is the carpentry and Ninja, while they're grindy as hell they require no real difficulty, you could kill foxes from rF to r1 of shuriken mastery, it just takes patience, but the 174 Strength and Health from r1 ninja skills is well worth it.

Honestly curious on how this worked for you, I think of all the suggestions the most easy to attain is the carpentry and Ninja, while they're grindy as hell they require no real difficulty, you could kill foxes from rF to r1 of shuriken mastery, it just takes patience, but the 174 Strength and Health from r1 ninja skills is well worth it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Have you ever tried mastering Sakura Abyss? It is a NIGHTMARE.

The ultimate test of patience. If you can master Ninja, you can master anything.

Edited by Darkfire16

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Have you ever tried mastering Sakura Abyss? It is a NIGHTMARE.

The ultimate test of patience. If you can master Ninja, you can master anything.

I think I'm coming at this from the perspective of gunner, anything seems doable after ranking grapple shot -_- but you have a point, sakura abyss's timer is annoying to no end, kinda like Meteor Strike.

Seriously? I thought that was one of the easier ones.

Then again, I haven't finished Smokescreen due to impatience and laziness.

Smokescreen is easy compared to Abyss. Smokescreen doesnt have the same cooldown as Demigod does.

Seriously, i timed it. Sakura Abyss's cooldown timer is literally the demigod cooldown timer. Absolutely abysmal.

Edited by Darkfire16

Again, probably the weird one out. I didn't mind AFK'ing through the cooldown, so long as it wasn't demanding.

Smokescreen, on the other hand... 

Also, in regard to bullcrap combat skills to train, have you seen Support Shot? And Ranged isn't even that good right now.

(Come at me, Archers. I'm calling you out.)

Again, probably the weird one out. I didn't mind AFK'ing through the cooldown, so long as it wasn't demanding.

Smokescreen, on the other hand... 

Also, in regard to bullcrap combat skills to train, have you seen Support Shot? And Ranged isn't even that good right now.

(Come at me, Archers. I'm calling you out.)

I wouldn't know archery, I main giant lol.