Tuned Instruments (and 3MLE)

Ion

Not quite positive what section this should go in, so sorry if this is the wrong one.

I downloaded the new 3MLE today and was checking out the tuned instruments, but I'm having trouble telling the tuned flute and the festival flute apart. The in-game composer has them listed separately too, so I assume there must be some sort of difference. Anyone help me out?

Also, I heard that some of the volumes for instruments were changed, but I'm not really noticing. Could someone tell me which were changed and how, if they know?

Edited by Ion

Tuned and festival instruments are practically the same sound wise, but they're still separate items.

These are just what I've noticed from my old MMLs, but to me the piano, violin, and cello are louder than they were before.  All the old wind instruments aside from tuba (flute, whistle, chalumeau, and roncadora) sound more quiet than before (v15 flute is no longer cancer for example).  Cymbals seem louder than they did before too.

This is just from me observing how some of my songs sound before and after the Music Q patch.  If anyone else can confirm the changes that have been made, that'd be great.

On 1/15/2017 at 10:54 PM, A_Dirty_Couch said:

Tuned and festival instruments are practically the same sound wise, but they're still separate items.

These are just what I've noticed from my old MMLs, but to me the piano, violin, and cello are louder than they were before.  All the old wind instruments aside from tuba (flute, whistle, chalumeau, and roncadora) sound more quiet than before (v15 flute is no longer cancer for example).  Cymbals seem louder than they did before too.

This is just from me observing how some of my songs sound before and after the Music Q patch.  If anyone else can confirm the changes that have been made, that'd be great.

I feel like I notice a tiny difference between the whistles, but it honestly just sounds like a difference in volume. The flute sounds 100% the same though.

Also I'm noticing the volume changes now. I did a bunch of jam sessions last night and I have to agree with you on the piano and flute. The piano just drowns out my flute now. Cello sounds slightly louder too. I didn't notice much with the chalumeau, but it has a rather distinct sound so even if the volume is lower I still hear it fine. Interesting enough, the tuned whistle seems to match the volume of the woodwinds pre-MusicQ.

Edited by Ion