I love the VAC system

Reason #1 for not playing Competitive Online Games that are linked to a social network like Steam.   I think the only competitive games I will play are ones that players are very sporting in and can accept being defeated.   Personally MMORPGs and FPS are the worst competitive environments and if it's a game linked to a cloud network like steam avoid them.  I do not really need to explain why I think that because in my opinion it is quite obvious why.  

Mabinogi is nice because it isn't a competitive game really, sure there is PVP but it isn't the core of the game.   But when it comes to competitive gaming, players are far better off playing say a simulation or strategy game.  

Question being what game likely caused this?  

• 2 weeks later...

But there is a way to report cheaters on the VAC FAQ.   So yes players can report cheaters.  

if this happened he would most likely be able resume his account through contacting support or whoever deals with that kinda thing. Darkfire says "no proof" so why would they ban him if the guy reported him verbally or through text, if it's automated and they found "something" then why would they give it back to him after having third party programs? but in the end this is a real bummer, just don't download mods next time or third party programs i guess( if you did ofcourse) or clean your computer because blargel might be right (if your not using mods or anything) that's my voice on the subject and I might as well give it out.

if this happened he would most likely be able resume his account through contacting support or whoever deals with that kinda thing. Darkfire says "no proof" so why would they ban him if the guy reported him verbally or through text, if it's automated and they found "something" then why would they give it back to him after having third party programs? but in the end this is a real bummer, just don't download mods next time or third party programs i guess( if you did ofcourse) or clean your computer because blargel might be right (if your not using mods or anything) that's my voice on the subject and I might as well give it out.

Nope, no mods or third-party programs were involved. I did contact steam support, and while they say they cannot remove the strike on my record (Meaning that ban thing will stay on my profile, so thats a bummer) They have lifted the false ban. Apparently it was something about Norton detecting a network intrusion and it blocked it during a competitive CS:GO match, and because VAC is stronger on that side, a single strange occurance can be thrown as a cheating infraction.

Also someone reporting me under false pretenses didn't exactly help either.

Edited by Darkfire16

Nope, no mods or third-party programs were involved. I did contact steam support, and while they say they cannot remove the strike on my record (Meaning that ban thing will stay on my profile, so thats a bummer) They have lifted the false ban. Apparently it was something about Norton detecting a network intrusion and it blocked it during a competitive CS:GO match, and because VAC is stronger on that side, a single strange occurance can be thrown as a cheating infraction.

Also someone reporting me under false pretenses didn't exactly help either.

real bummer dude and sorry to hear.