So, just as a head's up, might not see me in game for a while.  Someone apparently cracked my password (a string of letters and numbers) either via a keylogger or a virus or who knows what, and changed my account password on me.  Trying to contact nexon for help, hopefully they'll resolve it quick, but in the meantime, this royally sucks.  Unfortunately, I can't remember the email used for my nexon account, so IDK what I can really do besides email their customer support and state my case... :/

Hey, if you wanna put in a good word for me, feel free.  I've been playing mabi for years, and I'm just absolutely beside myself at this point.  Haven't heard back from support yet, and every hour is just more anxiety, y'know?  I'm hoping the fact that I was able to list off 14 characters and 40 pets (most with ridiculously complex names, mind, -- just remembered another 4 pets) and yesterday's nx purchases (just remembered I forgot one thing I got, I should update the list) in the email from memory helps them know I'm being completely honest. :/

Also, as a head's up, it seems like it's happening to other people, too.  Friend of a friend, Low, apparently had his password changed yesterday, too.  Not sure if it's just a coincidence, or if it might even be like that one time someone snuck a keylogger onto the website, years back, but that's just another thing to worry about I guess.

UPDATE: Customer support got back to me, in the middle of account recovery now.  Hoping whoever did this didn't clean me out.

Edited by Argysionnach

Hey, if you wanna put in a good word for me, feel free.  I've been playing mabi for years, and I'm just absolutely beside myself at this point.  Haven't heard back from support yet, and every hour is just more anxiety, y'know?  I'm hoping the fact that I was able to list off 14 characters and 40 pets (most with ridiculously complex names, mind, -- just remembered another 4 pets) and yesterday's nx purchases (just remembered I forgot one thing I got, I should update the list) in the email from memory helps them know I'm being completely honest. :/

Also, as a head's up, it seems like it's happening to other people, too.  Friend of a friend, Low, apparently had his password changed yesterday, too.  Not sure if it's just a coincidence, or if it might even be like that one time someone snuck a keylogger onto the website, years back, but that's just another thing to worry about I guess.

UPDATE: Customer support got back to me, in the middle of account recovery now.  Hoping whoever did this didn't clean me out.

Yeah, i put in an alert that its happening to some players, sent in a word for you. ;)

:happy:

Thanks a ton, dark!

BTW - Another thing I'm hearing through the grapevine is that there's allegedly this hack-kit out that uses some kind of exploit caused when a person has mabi and a VOIP program (skype, teamspeak, etc.) open.  idk the specifics, but it apparently lets them access the person's mabi account.  idk if anyone wants to look into that and release a warning, but, again, that's what I'm hearing from people now, so I thought I'd put it out there.  In the meantime, once I've got my account back up and running (waiting to hear back again), I'm just gonna make sure to have skype closed out in my task manager before logging on, until that's figured out.

Edited by Argysionnach

About the Skype thing... I don't have Skype but another player I hang out with keeps wanting me to get Skype. Idk if that means he just wants to be friends outside of mabi or if he's trying to get accounts. NOT saying that this makes him necessarily someone who is trying to hack my account. His player name it Iselder... Still I don't want to think that a friend is trying to get me to get Skype just so they can hack my account.