"Recent" Anime Recommendations

Hey all, I've gotten a hold of a lot of free time and I don't know what to do with it.  I do know however, that I want to watch some anime. There's been plenty of anime where I've been like, "Ah, I'll watch this when I have time," or ,"I'll wait for more episodes so I can binge watch later." Problem is, I don't really remember the names of most of them, so assume I haven't watched anything since the beginning of 2014 and hit me with your favorites.

Here's a list I would recommend, in no particular order with a bit of variety.

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches, Your Lie in April, Log Horizon (S2 came out recently), World Trigger, Is It Wrong To Try And Pick Up Girls In The Dungeon?, Invaders of the Rokujyoma?, Aldnoah Zero and No Game No Life. I haven't seen Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma but apparently it's good too. And Gunslinger Stratos looks interesting as far as I've watched it.

I can vouch for every one of CorusDracos's suggestions, except I don't know about Gunslinger Stratos. I'm looking at my anime list and I can't be bothered to remember if some of these are actually from 2014 or later so apologies if some of these you've already seen. My suggestions, minus what Corus suggested,  that I think most people will like in no particular order:

• Kekkai Sensen from this season, which is ending soon.
  • Amagi Brilliant Park is hilarious.
  • Blood Lad is also hilarious.
  • Mekakucity Actors is pretty interesting, and it's done by Shaft so why not?
  • Hataraku Maou-sama! is really funny and also has a good story.
  • Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de is funny and has a good story.
  • Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou is a dark magical girl show, similar to Madoka.
  • Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai was unexpectedly pretty good.
  • Outbreak Company is a great comedy. I highly recommend it if you are already a gigantic anime nerd.
  • Kill la Kill is bizarre but watch it. Just... just watch it.
  • Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is really funny.
  • Nanatsu no Taizai is a kind of standard shounen show, but the characters are good.
  • Death Parade is amazing.
  • Hitsugi no Chaika and its second season Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle is good.
  • Psycho-Pass 2 came out, but I think the first season was a lot better. It was still a great show nonetheless.

And then here's a list of things that I don't know everyone would enjoy but that I did:

• If you're into the Dog Days series, the latest season is Dog Days''
  • Nagi no Asukara is kinda slow and focuses very heavily on character development. I liked it but it bored a lot of my friends.
  • Selector Infected WIXOSS and its sequel Selector Spread WIXOSS is pretty damn good despite being about card games.
  • Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? is super cute and is getting a second season soon.
  • Hanayamata is another cute show, though the way one of the girls' faces are drawn bothers me.
  • Mikakunin no Shinkoukei is cute and funny. And it has Mashiro in it.
  • Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata is a comedy, but the main reason I liked it is hard to put into words concisely...
  • Samurai Flamenco is a hilarious parody of super sentai shows. It gets more and more absurd as it goes on.
  • Kiniro Mosaic, another cute series, got a second season that just finished call Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic.
Edited by Blargel

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, I remember watching some of these but putting them on the back burner for a while. Sat through all of Mikakunin no Shinkoukei due to another friend's recommendation and I liked it a lot, Masshiro World is now my current earworm. :happy:

I'll get to rep'ing you once I surmount the daily 10 rep wall.:damn: