tanino's Workshop

Greetings everyone ,

Seeing that there are a lot of new threads about song requests, I wanted to make my own topic about it to try and clear out some of the clutter in the forums, I hope you enjoy, please read this thread carefully. Now, a little bit about me.

As some of you may know I am a composer of the Alexina server, for many years I've created music and I've well over 300 titles to my name, although the great minority of them are originals, you will find that I mostly specialize in pop/modern/rock and that I do not do Game and Anime songs, why you ask? Because everyone seems to do those type of songs and I just like to be different, furthermore, I do this for free as a way to kill some time, therefor if a request does not interest me I will not look at it, this is a free service I offer and I will stop doing it if/when it starts to feel more like a chore than a way to pass some time. I will be taking requests, free of charge to create your song for Mabinogi, there are a few rules to follow however so please read them carefully.

• Requests are FREE, I do not charge for this and I will not charge for this. If someone told you otherwise please know that you probably got yourself fooled by a bad troll .
  • There is no guarantee that I will take your request.
  • There is no guarantee that I can fulfill your request, even if I accepted it.
  • As this thread is listed in the MabiBeats Forums you are required to follow the community guidelines, users of the forums who do not follow these shall be reported to the forum moderators and may face disciplinary actions against their account. This includes but is not limited to: Trolls, flames and otherwise inappropriately behaving users, users who act against this thread or my person or users that commit to actions that could be judged as questionable.
  • Please note that I do not represent NEXON, nor any of its employee's and that the Fan Site service is a free service that does not grant any special "powers" to the users who own such sites, as such do not contact me because you are having issues that have not yet been resolved by NEXON.
  • Do not send me a message about your request, it will be ignored and promptly deleted unless I contacted you first.
  • Only one request per person. If there is enough room to take a second request from someone it will be done only after I have done everyone's first time request.
  • I will only be taking a charge of 3 requests at any time, for this reason if you requested a song made and I have not yet addressed your request, please check to see if I have any openings.
  • I will not be doing Anime or Video Game songs unless I am really interested in them.
  • I retain the rights to modify these rules at any time, at my own discretion.
Alright that's all the rules covered. Now, further information about the composing services that I offer.

MML Library
I am the owner an official Mabinogi Fan Site, http://taninogi.tumblr.com/, here you can find a compiled list of the songs I've composed over the years, some are still a work in progress, I have some that I have not yet added to the list as well. For more information on Mabinogi fan sites, see here. I try to update the site as often as I can however I have many obligations to commit to therefor sometimes it may seem like the site's not being taken care of, however I always check if I have mail, I have had plenty of requests made from here however none of them where of particular interest to me and I have not even taken interest into starting or even attempting them.

Sheet Music Transcriptions
Its possible for me to read and transcribe sheet music into MML to play in Mabinogi, please note that I'm not an expert at reading sheet music and that results will vary greatly. This method of composing usually takes longer than a MIDI rendition as I have to manually input every note into 3MLE as I read the sheet through, be aware of this when making a request.

MIDI Sequence Transcriptions
By far the fastest and easiest way to compose for Mabinogi, rendered as simple as reading a book thanks to 3MLE, a music editing software for Mabinogi. This is a third party software of course and links to third party software are not allowed on the forums, if you want more information on it please see the Mabinogi World Wiki MML page. The quality of songs made from MIDI Sequences tend to be inferior to the ones created from sheet music so keep this in mind when making a request.

Composition by ear
Yes, this is possible, however I do not and will not take requests to compose by ear. Personal preference, this is very difficult for me and I'd like to stay away from it as much as I possibly can.

Bellow are some of the songs I've composed in the past, use them as reference to know what you can expect from me, I don't see myself as the best composer out there, there are definitively better ones, however this is what I have to offer, take it or leave it.

ALL OF THE BELLOW HAVE BEEN PLAYED IN GAME BEFORE I PUT THEM HERE AND ARE ALL 100% POSSIBLE TO PLAY BY YOURSELF EXCEPT OF COURSE THE JAM SESSION.

Example Guitar Song:
Example Piano Song:
Example Mandolin Song:
Example Jam Session Song:

Please Copy and Paste the bellow text to make your request, if you do not follow this simple rule I will simple read over your request and pretend it was never there to begin with, all MMLs will be posted in quotes to the original requests;

REQUESTS ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO PERSONAL ISSUES AFFECTING THE TIME I CAN SPEND ON THEM, I WILL REOPEN ONCE EVERYTHING IS SETTLED DOWN, FOR THE TIME BEING PLEASE POST A THREAD ON THE FORUMS IF YOU HAVE A REQUEST.

Copy the quoted text only.

CURRENT COMPOSING REQUESTS:
  • CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

I think that's everything, I'll update as needed.

Regards,
tanino [Alexina]
MabiBeats SSR Staff

Tanino is a great composer and for someone who hates self flattery you do try to put your own achievements out there. Whether or not you're mad for peoples' laziness to hand write out music take it up with them. You literally got in trouble before on your own thread for doing this. If there's such a problem then take it up with them in PM.

Not entirely sure what was said, but if they have a problem with my posting this thread then they could just contact staff about it, I doubt its inappropriate for me to do so, its practically an exact copy of the same thread I have on the Mabinogi forums.

If you have a problem with the fact that I don't want to deal with composing by ear because I know next to nothing in musical knowledge and I can hardly tell what note is what in a song while its playing that's your problem, not mine. Furthermore I am not in any showing off or however you want to say it, I think it's appropriate to give examples and explain what you do and who you are in such a thread because you'd want to know at least enough about who you're asking something of.

If it makes you feel a little better I did compose the entire piano preview by ear, and it shows, but that's more than 12 hours of work in one song, that's more time that I've spent on one song in over a year. Even transcribing note by note off a sheet is easier than that for me.

Example Piano Song:

Edited by tanino

Nino don't let that person (it she he whatever) get to you, I know for a fact all of your music is done by hand yourself and not copy and paste, same with alot of the ppl here, yes some of us aren't as good as you, kyu, jain and many others. Yes I do midi to mml for my music and Yes I don't alot on 3mle but at least I try. I just hate the fact that someone joins this site and try's to be all better then thou and says your looking for Self Flattery. 

Blarg Ty for being on top of this. I know we haven't talked much or know each other well yet, but ty