Touhou 6 EoSD MML and MS2MML FIles

A week ago, Global Maplestory 2 discontinued service, and its online servers were closed. Around the end of 2018, while it was still active, I made MS2MML files of some of the tracks from The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. While I personally enjoyed them in-game, I had never posted them here until now. I figured it was better late than never since there are still people who can play localized versions of MS2, and others who may simply be interested in listening to them in 3MLE.

Making these was a lengthy process that included manually creating monophonic tracks from MIDI content in FL Studio, isolating a tempo track, having multiple instances of 3MLE open, using the mml_thing command prompt tool to propagate tempo events to all tracks (linked below), removing "MML" from text exported from 3MLE, and much more. I would put the entire process in this post, but I didn't write it down when making these, unfortunately. I tried my best to make sure each composition was both detailed yet optimized to fit into 3,000-, 5,000-, and 10,000-character limits in-game. If you would like to do something similar, here are some caveats about this process that I'd like to mention:

• Every track in the MS2 composer has its own tempo events. This means that tracks can become desynchronized if one track doesn't have the same tempo events in the same spots as the others.
  • The way 3MLE splits polyphonic tracks into monophonic tracks from MIDI is very inefficient and can result in compositions taking up many more characters than they need to, which also results in them being less detailed. This is why I did this process manually in FL Studio.
  • Make sure to optimize all your tracks in 3MLE last before exporting them into MS2, in case you need to make any edits. I believe optimizing tracks messes with the note velocities, but I'm not entirely sure.
  • MIDI track 10 is often reserved for percussion. In 3MLE, if you put "//#using_extension [new line] //#using_channel = 10" at the start of a track, it will play using a percussion track.
  • 3MLE exports tracks with "MML" prepended to the data, but this is not needed to successfully compose a song in-game.
  • You may need to re-align the events of an imported MIDI file in FL Studio to make sure its note data starts from 0:00.

To the best of my knowledge, each MML file attached has data that corresponds to the MS2MML file with the same name, though I could be wrong because I created a lot of files in the process of making these. I made the 5,000-note version of Shanghai Teahouse ~ Chinese Tea first, but hadn't yet understood tempo tracks at the time. It doesn't have proper tempo events, but I felt like including it anyway. Also, I'm pretty sure I did all the tempo events of the 10,000-note version of Shanghai Teahouse ~ Chinese Tea by hand, but I'm not entirely sure.

Enjoy!

Touhou Project is owned by ZUN.

mml_thing: 

If you have questions about this post, feel free to message me on Discord at SalilPT#7568.

A Dream More Scarlet Than Red - 3000 Notes.mml A Dream More Scarlet Than Red - 3000 Notes.ms2mml A Soul As Red As A Ground Cherry - 10000 Notes.mml A Soul As Red As A Ground Cherry - 10000 Notes.ms2mml Apparitions Stalk The Night - 3000 Notes (Version 1).ms2mml Apparitions Stalk The Night - 3000 Notes (Version 1).out.mml Apparitions Stalk The Night - 3000 Notes (Version 2).ms2mml Apparitions Stalk The Night - 3000 Notes (Version 2).out.mml Beloved Tomboyish Daughter - 3000 Notes.mml Beloved Tomboyish Daughter - 3000 Notes.ms2mml Beloved Tomboyish Girl - 10000 Notes.ms2mml Beloved Tomboyish Girl - 10000 Notes.out.mml Centennial Festival For Magical Girls - 10000 Notes.ms2mml Centennial Festival For Magical Girls - 10000 Notes.out.mml Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial - 5000 Notes.mml Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial - 5000 Notes.ms2mml Lunate Elf - 5000 Notes.ms2mml Lunate Elf - 5000 Notes.out.mml Shanghai Alice Of Meiji 17 - 5000 Notes.ms2mml Shanghai Alice Of Meiji 17 -5000 Notes.mml Shanghai Teahouse ~ Chinese Tea - 10000 Notes.mml Shanghai Teahouse ~ Chinese Tea - 10000 Notes.ms2mml Shanghai Teahouse ~ Chinese Tea - 5000 Notes.mml Shanghai Teahouse ~ Chinese Tea - 5000 Notes.ms2mml Voile, The Magic Library - 10000 Notes (Version 1).ms2mml Voile, The Magic Library - 10000 Notes (Version 1).out.mml Voile, The Magic Library - 10000 Notes (Version 2).ms2mml Voile, The Magic Library - 10000 Notes (Version 2).out.mml

Edited by SalilPT
  • 1 month later...