Arpeggiated Chord in 3MLE Help

I was wondering if any composer knows how to write an Arpeggiated Chord when using 3MLE. :cries:

I have a couple songs I want to write but the thing is there's a bunch of the Chords and I'm just clueless on how to write those out. :dark:

This is an example/how it looks like in a music sheet.

(That squiggly line thingy)

I find it hilarious that I answered a question by suggesting arpeggiated chords a little while ago. Here's my answer:

I think the best choice is to just eliminate an extra note, but if you're using a Lyre, you can kinda fake it with an arpeggiated chord. The Lyre's notes always linger so it sounds like all the notes are being played, even though only one track is playing the chord.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4234581/arpeggiated-chord.wav

​I didn't actually give the code for it, but here's the code for this particular piece: b64>d64f+64b1

If you need an example for the specific section of sheet music or for an instrument other than a Lyre, I can give an example for that after I get back from work.

I find it hilarious that I answered a question by suggesting arpeggiated chords a little while ago. Here's my answer:

​I didn't actually give the code for it, but here's the code for this particular piece: b64>d64f+64b1

If you need an example for the specific section of sheet music or for an instrument other than a Lyre, I can give an example for that after I get back from work.

​Mnn... I'll PM you the sheet I want to write. x3

Really, it all has to do with how many lines you have to play around with. But the most important notes are that most of the time need to linger as long as possible are:

the lowest note,

the highest note,

as well as the second-highest note. (This can differ a bit between songs.)

As an example, this part from an MML I made,

See which ones linger?

Here I had 4 lines to play around with, therefore I could be all fancy and let the green note linger too. If I had only 3 tracks I'd let the pink (highest), yellow (second-highest) and the blue (lowest) notes linger. (Also, each rest here is r64).

And I forgot to mention, this example is taken from a piano song, hence why the notes linger so long where-as if you have a lyre you can most of the time just follow Blargel's excellent advice above.

:tralalalala:

Hope that helps somewhat!

I gave a piano example in PM as well, but ObliviouslyOblivious's post is a lot more thorough. I would say that the notes that linger is a matter of preference, though. I usually let the top-most notes linger.

Another obvious suggestion is to just ignore the arpeggiation altogether and treat it as a normal chord. This might be the path you want to take if you're not that great at MML yet. Arpeggiation also definitely increases the character count of MML quite significantly so you should only use it when you don't mind inflating your character count.