Uploading ms2mml?

Oh I see, well I put my MML file in but I imagine that that isn't what people will be downloading directly (since MS2 doesn't even accept MML files, after all :P) I'm overall confused how the uploading process even works in the first place I suppose, how do you get the "Download MS2MML file" even get to work in the first place then if you aren't allowed to upload MS2MML files?

the maplebeats staff go through all the submissions made and they also generate the previews for the songs and create the downloads for them as well, also as it currently stands mml is the more accessible/readable format of the two since ms2 is currently the only program which uses the ms2mml file format, there are also a few programs out there which can convert mml to ms2mml, and vice versa, such as New Bee's github project which was only released recently.

New Bee's Converter: https://mohan-cao.github.io/3MLE2MS2/

Edited by Indigo001
5 hours ago, ev0lv said:

Oh I see, well I put my MML file in but I imagine that that isn't what people will be downloading directly (since MS2 doesn't even accept MML files, after all :P) I'm overall confused how the uploading process even works in the first place I suppose, how do you get the "Download MS2MML file" even get to work in the first place then if you aren't allowed to upload MS2MML files?

We ask for the .mml files instead of the .ms2mml files because there is always the possibility of users uploading troll songs that are just rest notes or high pitched notes that will blow people's ears out. We manually review every submission, make sure the mml code is optimized since it would waste space on a Maplestory sheet, create the ms2mml and the mp3 preview. We also check to make sure the user chose the right sheet type so users don't download what they expect a 3K sheet but turns out to be a 10K note sheet. Uploading the mml file is all we need, after we review the code we will upload the .ms2mml file and link it to that green download button. No one can view the post until we review the submission and approve it.