Handbell Composing

Koami

For the holiday I was hoping to be able to compose Carol of The Bells for Handbells I have been collecting for so long.

I instantly ran into the problem of sharps.

Though I have not had the chance to test it in game in 3MLE sharps are not played at all in the editor with a handbell and there is no handbell for sharps.

;-; I was so excited to make a handbell ensemble for so long.

I know many of you are much more knowledgeable then me and I hoped someone would have a solution or suggestion for me.  Any input would be appreciated. ;w;

• 2 weeks later...

it would probably help if i could take a look at what you're working on, but you can always imitate the sharps by using two handbells near the note instead?

There isn't really much to show since the first note is even a sharp so I didn't go far. ;-;

I did try other notes to make it sound close but it never sounded presentable enough. ;w;

I really appreciate the response though. ^^

If it's a song in major key, you can try transposing the song into the C major key. If it's in a minor key, you can try transposing the song to the A minor key. Both those keys do not have any sharps or flats.

EDIT: I see the original song is in G minor. Here's a handy transposition guide from G minor to A minor. I'll write it like x -> y where x is the original note, and y is the transposed note.

C -> D

C+/D- -> D+

D -> E

D+/E- -> F

E -> F+

F -> G

F+/G- -> G+

G -> A

G+/A- -> A+

A -> B

A+/B- -> C

B -> C+

Edited by Blargel

If it's a song in major key, you can try transposing the song into the C major key. If it's in a minor key, you can try transposing the song to the A minor key. Both those keys do not have any sharps or flats.

EDIT: I see the original song is in G minor. Here's a handy transposition guide from G minor to A minor. I'll write it like x -> y where x is the original note, and y is the transposed note.

C -> D

C+/D- -> D+

D -> E

D+/E- -> F

E -> F+

F -> G

F+/G- -> G+

G -> A

G+/A- -> A+

A -> B

A+/B- -> C

B -> C+