Question about submitting music

Does the MML have to be compatible with both MapleStory 2 AND 3MLE Maplebeats in order for it to be submitted on the site? I do most of my MML work within the game itself, and I took advantage of the fact that tempos are channel-independent by cutting a tempo by 1/2 or even 1/4 of the original value to conserve a few notes i.e.

t44 rrrr
being the same as
t176 rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

However, when I threw the MML into 3MLE Maplebeats, the tempos ended up getting messed up since I think 3MLE assumes that all tempos are universal instead of channel-independent like in the actual game. Will this mess things up in the approval process, even though it'll play fine on MapleStory 2 itself? If the website player does parse the 3MLE data, then I don't suppose the worst that could happen is the song preview will be gravely inaccurate to what MapleStory 2 playback will be.

Edited by A-zu-ra
Accidentally posted via Ctrl-Enter
Guest Hisokai

3MLEdoes use the tempo universally and you can also do this in a way in game with notelenght.

In the example you've given you can instead do

t176l1rrrr

to achieve your t44rrrr and it can save you space even further as once you have tempo set adjusting the notelenght with "l1" "l2" etc is one less character than putting in "t44" or "t88" and this is also recognised as a feature on 3MLE so it wouldnt mess anything up when putting your tracks in there.

Edit. It can also be even more compressed with

t176l1.rr

if you have a really long rest duration. (not best for this example as its so short but you get the idea (i hope).

As for your question about approval, I have no answers to.

Edited by Hisokai
On 12/9/2018 at 7:24 AM, A-zu-ra said:

Does the MML have to be compatible with both MapleStory 2 AND 3MLE Maplebeats in order for it to be submitted on the site? I do most of my MML work within the game itself, and I took advantage of the fact that tempos are channel-independent by cutting a tempo by 1/2 or even 1/4 of the original value to conserve a few notes i.e.

However, when I threw the MML into 3MLE Maplebeats, the tempos ended up getting messed up since I think 3MLE assumes that all tempos are universal instead of channel-independent like in the actual game. Will this mess things up in the approval process, even though it'll play fine on MapleStory 2 itself? If the website player does parse the 3MLE data, then I don't suppose the worst that could happen is the song preview will be gravely inaccurate to what MapleStory 2 playback will be.

This may indeed mess up your approval process as we use 3mle to solely check for tempo changes and make sure it matches up at the correct time stamps, this is important because the program we use to generate the mp3 preview also uses global tempo and would sound inaccurate to what you create in game by using different tempos for each track. You can try pming Yasuno by checking out the staff page on this site or joining the discord if its hard for you to change and submit using global tempos as I do help in the song approval process I do not handle special cases like this. We are used to having users submit content made in 3mle with global tempos.

Hmm, if that's the case, I'll probably bite the bullet and keep the tempos consistent, even if it means an additional dozens of rs in the sheet.

At least I know what's expected of me when it comes to what I can do for note saving and submitting to the site.

If anyone was wondering what the MML in full looks like, here's what I was trying to attempt (note the different tempos on each channel). This would work correctly in MS2 itself, but break when played back on 3MLE.

Spoiler

Melody

t176 l8 o5 v13fga>c<v12fga>c<v10fga>c<v8fga>c<v6fga>c<v5fga>c< 
v13fga>c<v12fga>c<v10fga>c<v8fga>c<v6fga>c<v5fga>c< 
v13fga>c<v12fga>c<v10fga>c<v8fga>c<v6fga>c<v5fga>c<v3fga>c<v2fga>c<<
l1 rr.
l8 v13 ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc
ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc
ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc
t44 l1 rrrr
t176 l8 ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc
t44 l1 rrrr
t176 l8 v8 fga>c<fga>c&c1<fga>c<fga>c&c1<fga>c<fga>c&c1<fga>c<fga>c&c1<
fga>c<fga>c&c1<fga>c<fga>c&c1<fga>c<fga>c&c1<fga>c<fga>c&c1<
v13 ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc
t44 l1 rrrr
t216 r.r.r.r.r.r.r.r2 t176 r2r2.
l8 v8 fga>c<fga>c&c1<fga>c<fga>c&c1<fga>c<fga>c&c1<fga>c<fga>c&c1<

Harmony A

t88 v13 l1 r.r.r.rr
t176 rr.
l8 r2rfrfrfrfrfrf r2rfrfrfrfrfrf r2rfrfrfrfrfrf r2rfrfrfrfrfrf
r2rfrfrfrfrfrf r2rfrfrfrfrfrf r2rfrfrfrfrfrf r2rfrfrfrfrfrf
t44 l1 rrrr
t176 l8 r2rfrfrfrfrfrf r2rfrfrfrfrfrf r2rfrfrfrfrfrf r2rfrfrfrfrfrf
t44 l1 rrrr
t176 l8 v8 >f2.&ffrfrfrfrff2.&ffrfrfrfrff2.&ffrfrfrfrfe2.&eerererere
f2.&ffrfrfrfrff2.&ffrfrfrfrff2.&ffrfrfrfrfe2.&efrfrfrere<
l8 v13 r2rfrfrfrfrfrf r2rfrfrfrfrfrf r2rfrfrfrfrfrf r2rfrfrfrfrfrf
t44 l1 rrrr
l8 v8 >f2.&ffrfrfrfrff2.&ffrfrfrfrff2.&ffrfrfrfrfe2.&eerererere

Harmony B

t88 l1 r.r.r.rr
t176 rr.
t44 rrrrrr rrrr rr rrrr
t176 l8 d2.&ddrdrdrdrd<b-2.&b-b-rb-rb-rb-rb-f2.&ffrfrfrfrf>c2.&ccrcrcrc+rc+
d2.&ddrdrdrdrd<b-2.&b-b-rb-rb-rb-rb-f2.&ffrfrfrfrf>c2.&cdrdrdrcrc
t44 l1 rrrr rrrr
l8 d2.&ddrdrdrdrd<b-2.&b-b-rb-rb-rb-rb-f2.&ffrfrfrfrf>c2.&ccrcrcrc+rc+

Edited by A-zu-ra
Adding more clarification on playback
1 hour ago, A-zu-ra said:

Hmm, if that's the case, I'll probably bite the bullet and keep the tempos consistent, even if it means an additional dozens of rs in the sheet.

At least I know what's expected of me when it comes to what I can do for note saving and submitting to the site.

If anyone was wondering what the MML in full looks like, here's what I was trying to attempt (note the different tempos on each channel). This would work correctly in MS2 itself, but break when played back on 3MLE.

Reveal hidden contents

Melody

t176 l8 o5 v13fga>c<v12fga>c<v10fga>c<v8fga>c<v6fga>c<v5fga>c< 
v13fga>c<v12fga>c<v10fga>c<v8fga>c<v6fga>c<v5fga>c<v3fga>c<v2fga>c<<
l1 rr.
l8 v13 ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc
t44 l1 rrrr
t176 l8 ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc
t44 l1 rrrr
t176 l8 v8 fga>c<fga>c&c1<fga>c<fga>c&c1<fga>c<fga>c&c1<fga>c<fga>c&c1<
v13 ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc ff>c<fb-af>crc<b-ab-afc
t44 l1 rrrr
l8 v8 fga>c<fga>c&c1<fga>c<fga>c&c1<fga>c<fga>c&c1<fga>c<fga>c&c1<

Harmony A

t88 v13 l1 r.r.r.rr
t176 rr.
l8 r2rfrfrfrfrfrf r2rfrfrfrfrfrf r2rfrfrfrfrfrf r2rfrfrfrfrfrf
t44 l1 rrrr
t176 l8 r2rfrfrfrfrfrf r2rfrfrfrfrfrf r2rfrfrfrfrfrf r2rfrfrfrfrfrf
t44 l1 rrrr
t176 l8 v8 >f2.&ffrfrfrfrff2.&ffrfrfrfrff2.&ffrfrfrfrfe2.&eerererere
l8 v13 r2rfrfrfrfrfrf r2rfrfrfrfrfrf r2rfrfrfrfrfrf r2rfrfrfrfrfrf
t44 l1 rrrr
l8 v8 >f2.&ffrfrfrfrff2.&ffrfrfrfrff2.&ffrfrfrfrfe2.&eerererere

Harmony B

t88 l1 r.r.r.rr
t176 rr.
t44 rrrrrr rrrr rr rrrr
t176 l8 d2.&ddrdrdrdrd<b-2.&b-b-rb-rb-rb-rb-f2.&ffrfrfrfrf>c2.&ccrcrcrc+rc+
t44 l1 rrrr rrrr
l8 d2.&ddrdrdrdrd<b-2.&b-b-rb-rb-rb-rb-f2.&ffrfrfrfrf>c2.&ccrcrcrc+rc+

3mle actually does a good job of keeping all notes compact to save space on the in game sheets if you use the the optimization tool under "Track>Optimization Options>Optimize all tracks". As Hisokai said it can compress many rest notes down using that option. Not sure if it will save as much as your method but it works well and keeps everything just easier for everyone this way. When you convert your file to have matching tempo I would love if you can pm me and attach the mml for the 3mle global tempo and the ms2mml for your way of compressing so I can compare them!

Guest Hisokai

Your melody with a single tempo would look like this and taking up 80 less notes (when all the spaces and linebreaks in yours are deleted).

Spoiler

t176v13l8>fgab+v12fgab+v10fgab+v8fgab+v6fgab+v5fgab+v13fgab+v12fgab+v10fgab+v8fgab+v6fgab+v5fgab+v13fgab+v12fgab+v10fgab+v8fgab+v6fgab+v5fgab+v13fgab+v12fgab+v10fgab+v8fgab+v6fgab+v5fgab+v3fgab+v2fgab+r1r1.v13<ffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcl1.rrrrrrrrrrr1l8ffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcl1.rrrrrrrrrrr1v8l8fgab+fga>c&c1<fgab+fga>c&c1<fgab+fga>c&c1<fgab+fga>c&c1<fgab+fga>c&c1<fgab+fga>c&c1<fgab+fga>c&c1<fgab+fga>c&c1v13<ffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcffb+fa+af>crc<a+aa+afcl1.rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr2.v8l8fgab+fga>c&c1<fgab+fga>c&c1<fgab+fga>c&c1<fgab+fga>c&c1<fgab+fga>c&c1<fgab+fga>c&c1<fgab+fga>c&c1<fgab+fga>c&c1