Hi all, it's been a while since we had a post first i just want to post about some site updates we have done for the music halls..
- All music halls have finished being brought in line with the new skin color scheme..
- Instrument Icons re-done, cleaner font, correct color scheme
- Rank & Part images re-done, same as above
- Music Player colors updated to new site scheme
- MML To Clipboard button colors and font updated to new scheme
- Author Comment boxes updated to match new color scheme
- Font colors inside the code boxes updated for color scheme
- Updated the Microphone option in the instrument list to have a Male & Female Option to better distinct them
- Added a "Fantastic Chorus" option to the solo hall. When one of the options are selected it will show a banner like in the picture below to give notice to users that this song sounds better with fantastic chorus. A male, female and then a (M) & (F) option are available. An example picture is below for when both male and female is selected
Coming up we will be having scheduled down time. During this time we will actually be moving all of our sites to a new server cluster. We will be leaving our shared host we are on currently, to our own VPS cluster to better facilitate the needs of our site. And to also fix the latency and time out problems we have been experiencing for a few months now.
We have tried working with our host on this issue, but they refuse to acknowledge the problem is on their end (hint, it is. Their MySQL Back End servers are over loaded, and causing the time outs). Because they still have no fixed it even after 2 months we will be making the move to our own. Doing so will enable us to do the following..
- Transition to PHP7 (Performance Increase)
- Transition from MySQL to MariaDB (Performance Increase)
- Enable Op, and MemCaching (Performance Increase)
- Switch from Apache to Nginx (Performance Increase)
- More Hard Drive Space
- Dedicated 2GB Network Lines
The move will take some time, as MabiBeats alone is about 15GB, and the host is capping our backup file download speeds from the server. I do not have an exact date and time for the start of the down time as of yet. But i will keep you all posted!