Too Much Copy Pasting

thats not the reason, other people then me are taking the credit for my work.

Best Example i played my Chime Edit of tokyo ghoul unravel today in tir and some random comes up to me and tells me she has a better version. Then plays my piano version of unravel i uploaded here. Its just beyond rude that kind of joke ... 

Besides im on daily so if anyone wants a copy of something i dont mind handing it out for free. Aslong my names on it ^^

Edited by Kyubeii
misspell

From the story, it didn't sound like she claimed she made it, just that she had a version she liked better which happened to be yours... Did she actually say that she made the MML herself? If so, what happened when you said that you're the real original author?

EDIT: Also, I think all your songs have been removed now.

Edited by Blargel

oh rly?

Deemo Yawning Lion:

MML@l32<c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&c&ct64r2v13>g4a4l8baaeg.a.f+16g16aggdfe16e.d4cc<bf+>dl16e.f+g.l8f+af+d<a4b>g16a16baaeg.a.f+16g16a>dd<f+ag+16bed16dccc-cggf+g4.l16&g<a2&a>b8a4e2d32f+g32l8agd<g2>d4cc<be>cl16def+gf+8a4.df+<a>d4&d32r32g8a8b8>e2&e<el8agad2c-cc-cg4bef+g1<ef+f+ggaabd4.da2ceef+f+gga<b4a>df+<a4.>ef+f+ggaabd1cecggf+ef+g2fal16b.>cd.l8e<bbga4>f+4<df+f+dg>>d<bg<dccc-cdef+gab>cl16defgab>cde8<b8b8g8a4agf+gl8af+f+df4edc4.c-16c16dggde.g.l16gag8f+8ef+8.gc-ef+<a>dl8ed1&d2baaeg4.g16a16f+ddc-4.eddccc-cdef+<b2fl16faa>f+gab8a8a8e8g4.gaf+8d8d8c-4ee8&e32bd.l8dccc-cggf+d2.&d.r16eaaeg4.g16a16f+ddc-f4edd<eebb>def+16g16f+a4d>d4d<abaaeg4.g16a16f+ddc-f4eb4ccc-cgf+.g1e.ae2&ef+16g.gd2&dd4ccc-ceef+c-d2.l16&d<ab8a8e8>e2<f+gl8agd2g.&c4.&c32ggbef+g4.l16&gf+a>gf+d<ag>a>f+>d2.&d8,r1r1v12l8o2c>cegc2c-f+a4<e2<a>eg4>c4c<a<g>gb>df2<c>cegb2c-4ac-d4d<bgeg4b+2<g>gb>dg2c1<b1geg4<d4>b+4<g>gb>f+2&f+c1c-1gea4c2<<gl16>gab>dgab>df+agf+l8d<<bgb2.c-1geg2g4<g>df+4.f+4.cbgb>e4<bgaf+a>da2<geg4a2<g>dgag>df4<cgb4c2c-2egb>d<gel4gb+2<g>dfd<g>>ea2a8f+8ad2l16<<a>egb>ce8.<c-gab>dgd8<cg>cdel8.g<<gg>>d8c<ba8<g8l16>dg>df+bf+d32f+a32>df+af+d<al2>a<ccl8c-f+a4dc-d4<gel4gb+al16<g>dgb>df+b>d<c8<a8fdfd<g4>b+4a4>d+a8.<c-8af+>d4<<e8>g+>d<b8g+8gega>eg8.<<d>df+b+af+8.<g>dgab32>dl32f+a>d16f+c-d16f+g>d<bf+4&f+<c2c2l8c-f+a4<e4>d<bgeg4b+4a4<g>dgb>f+d>d4<<c>cegad+4.<c-b>df+dn32d<bgeg4b+2l16<g.>ga.b>dga>dg4.&g<c1<b1l8<a>>ce4c<ab+4<g>dgb>df+f+4<c1c-1geg.l32&ga2&a<g8l16>dga2&a8.>g2.&g8&g32,l1rr.v12<b2a2<bdg>c2.f+4<e2<a2>d&d&d&d2<a2.>f+&f+&f+&f+4a2d&d2ca8g8a2.<a&a&aba2>d&d&d&d2<a2>a<g>b+2b2e&el8.ddd8c<ba1&a1l2&a&a8>>a<e<a>f+1c4<g>g4d+1&d+<a1&a1&a1>>a<b<al1>f+&f+b+e2<a2>f+&f+&f+&f+d&d&d&d2<a4.&a16>d&d2l32&d>>d2.&d8&d;

I really don't get what the fuss is about. If I hear someone playing a tune I made (and not claiming it as their own creation, not everyone knows or can cite the original creator off the top of their head) I would simply end up with a huge grin on my face knowing that the work and effort I put into composing is not only being recognised but being used by others. Its like a rapper getting all uppity because a radio station is playing their music instead of them... I just don't get it.

On the flipside, I would be completely annoyed and irritated if someone did the same thing but then claimed it was their own creation. That gets on my wick in a huge way.

would say the people who sell other people music ingame is worse.

I only agree in regard to the fact that many people make others pay 1000-5000g, I on the other hand keep it 500 and below to offset the cost of the score and the time and skill to make it.  After all bards cant make mush of a profit on music anyway.

Since you made a thread about this...

Hey guys, if you hear any Deemo solos in-game, know that they're more than likely going to be mine.

I love playing the Deemo scores :blush:  They always sound so good.  Whenever someone asks where I got it I tell them that I got it from the Composers from Mabibeats.

On the flipside, I would be completely annoyed and irritated if someone did the same thing but then claimed it was their own creation. That gets on my wick in a huge way.

Do what I do and pretend to be interested in their work as a fellow composer. Slowly ask more and more specific questions about how the MML was made until it becomes apparent to everyone listening that either

a) the guy has no idea how to compose MML at all, or

b) the guy knows less about this MML than you do

This will work 99% of the time since almost no one will actually look at how an MML is constructed if they didn't make it themselves. It's a pretty fun way screw with people who deserve it, lol.

Do what I do and pretend to be interested in their work as a fellow composer. Slowly ask more and more specific questions about how the MML was made until it becomes apparent to everyone listening that either

a) the guy has no idea how to compose MML at all, or

b) the guy knows less about this MML than you do

This will work 99% of the time since almost no one will actually look at how an MML is constructed if they didn't make it themselves. It's a pretty fun way screw with people who deserve it, lol.

so no tuners and only tempo changes to 1 insturments for 2+ person jams. desync for lolz

Edited by Flameberge

I've gotten lazy over time about tuners but what's this about tempo changes? If I made a mistake that causes a desync in game, please point it out to me so I can fix it. I haven't really played Mabinogi in ages so I can't test those things anymore.

EDIT: Wait are you just pretending to talk to a hypothetical copycat? I'm so confused.

Edited by Blargel

yeah flush out all the copy and pasters.

Thats not what i meant at all tho. There will always be copy pasting but the community of these copy pasters takes it for granted that we write new music for them and dont even know how to say thank you or take even the time to see whos made it. And since my music is played alot i wanted to see how they react to all of my songs beeing gone now.

That's your decision, however copy/pasting is a reality that should be accepted and just lived with, submitting an MML to the internet is almost like saying "Here have a free cookie." because its pretty much free domain, and while you did spend your time and effort into the creation of the MML, most people just do not know where an MML came from.

While proper credits are important, its good to know that if you are not willing to accept that your work is more than likely not going to get properly credited past your name being attached to your submissions (Meaning that if someone else copies it, they are likely to not give you any credits, or even take 5 seconds to look at who posted the MML for that matter in most cases.) you should probably not share your work.

It's impossible to make sure MML is properly credited, and that extends past MabiBeats and applies to anywhere on the internet unfortunately its just a thing that composers have to let go of if they choose to share their MML code.

That's your decision, however copy/pasting is a reality that should be accepted and just lived with, submitting an MML to the internet is almost like saying "Here have a free cookie." because its pretty much free domain, and while you did spend your time and effort into the creation of the MML, most people just do not know where an MML came from.

While proper credits are important, its good to know that if you are not willing to accept that your work is more than likely not going to get properly credited past your name being attached to your submissions (Meaning that if someone else copies it, they are likely to not give you any credits, or even take 5 seconds to look at who posted the MML for that matter in most cases.) you should probably not share your work.

It's impossible to make sure MML is properly credited, and that extends past MabiBeats and applies to anywhere on the internet unfortunately its just a thing that composers have to let go of if they choose to share their MML code.

This reminds me of a documentary or something i watched which happened to show doctors saving a persons life and that person did not show an ounce of gratitude. Then said something along the lines of : "Sometimes this is a thankless job, but in the future there will still be lives to be saved and I will be there to make it happen"

If you think of it that way, then this problem presented here is of far less importance. In other words just give and expect nothing back. That's the attitude that all composers of this sort (MML writers) should have. Especially since the music you are writing isn't even written by you to begin with. You are really just taking a long time to rewrite/rearrange what is already written .

Edited by WinterWyvern
wall of text repeated twice somehow

Especially since the music you are writing isn't even written by you to begin with. You are really just taking a long time to rewrite/rearrange what is already written .

Not to downplay the effort and love that composers put into their songs, of course. There have also been a bunch of original pieces before. I agree with what you say though, and while you might not always get properly credited, you can be sure that people still appreciate your work.

Edited by cookies1

Not to downplay the effort and love that composers put into their songs, of course. There have also been a bunch of original pieces before. I agree with what you say though, and while you might not always get properly credited, you can be sure that people still appreciate your work.

wasn't intending to downplay their efforts, but nonetheless your point is absolutely correct.

Since i somehow cant pm Yasuno ill just ask here , i request the deletion of all songs uploaded by me. This site is a bit too heavily abused by copy pasting without crediting or people even knowing ig who made it.

what if they reuploaded your songs that u deleted and claim it was theirs.

• 2 weeks later...