Specific Songs with Specific Instruments.

Well recently I had a song made and specified an instrument, and although it was very well done, it was created with the wrong instrument. How hard would it be to have a composer transfer the music to another instrument version?

Depends really sometimes it can be easily as a change of an octave but, in most cases you really have to change a lot depending on what instrument the song was originally meant for to another instrument. Piano songs depending on the range of it I feel is most difficult since no other instrument but the Lyre have a range similar to it. So if you want I can look through it for you~

Bumping, and can someone also convert the Megaman 2 medly to electric guitar? 

(Is composing with mandolin like, the easiest thing to do here or what?)

​cant u just ask kurama to convert it since its his mml.

i would convert it but i would feel like a asshole converting someone elses mml.

• 8 years later...
On 5/10/2015 at 7:58 PM, Blargel said:

As a matter of fact, mandolin is the easiest thing to compose for. Electric guitar is also the hardest in my opinion.

It's interesting to hear your perspective on composing for different instruments. The mandolin's bright and percussive sound, along with its relatively simple chord structures, can indeed make it a straightforward instrument to compose for, especially in certain musical styles like folk or bluegrass where it often takes a prominent role.