Sign in to follow this  
Yasuno

How do I use the MS2MML File on the song page?

When viewing a song record, click on the green button to download that songs MS2MML file.

image.png

Save it to a place you can find it! Once the file is saved, you can open it directly in the game when composing with a blank sheet of music! Here are some steps below:

Now to get the song in-game!
Begin by opening a blank music scroll. Double click on it to open it!
image.png

Next on the composer screen click on the "Open File" button, and navigate to where you saved the songs file that you downloaded from Maple Beats!

image.png

image.png

Open the file and it should load the music code into the composer screen automatically like so:

image.png

Make sure you put in the title for the song, and the Best Played On instrument choice, and then hit compose! You can also hit the play button on the right before composing to make sure it sounds ok and imported correctly.

If you import a song from a Maple Beats file and find that it does not sound right, please let us know by reporting the song submission!

22 minutes ago, Tosara said:

this doesn't work for me. The game tells me the file is incompatible.

Report the submission with the issue, there are over 1000 submission on the site this post does not tell me which one you were looking at. When you are viewing a submission, there is a "Report Submission" button at the bottom. Use that to let us know if a file is not loading in-game.

When looking through the submissions, I see the format of the songs below the play area, but I can't seem to read it. As I do not see the download button, I'm trying to understand how to take the copy pastable area into something I can use. Could I have a bit of clarity? It'd be greatly appreciated.

It seems that you need to have each track in the song to have a tempo set in order to play it properly, it does not share any functions or code from the other tracks in one song.

This means in theory you could 'hack' together a song with different tempo for different segments of the whole song, to fit multiple songs in them, you just gotta guess how long a song lasts for and make the tempo super low with long rests to skip until the end of the 1st song, to start the 2nd song.

On 10/13/2018 at 11:42 PM, Turnana said:

When looking through the submissions, I see the format of the songs below the play area, but I can't seem to read it. As I do not see the download button, I'm trying to understand how to take the copy pastable area into something I can use. Could I have a bit of clarity? It'd be greatly appreciated.

If you do not see a download button, but instead code boxes that means you are in the MabiBeats section which is for the game Mabinogi. It has some slight differences, and the MML code there will not always be compatible with Maple Story 2. 

The website search will search all sections automatically unless you specifically tell it to only search MapleBeats Solo's, etc. Maple Story 2 compatible songs will always have the green download button.

I'm having trouble with the MML stuff. When I download an ms2mml file windows makes me select a program to open the file with and none of them work. How can  I fix this? Please help

5 minutes ago, papichulo said:

I'm having trouble with the MML stuff. When I download an ms2mml file windows makes me select a program to open the file with and none of them work. How can  I fix this? Please help

You don't open the file on your computer, you download it and then open the file inside Maple Story 2 in the composing window.